I didn't realize I'd be going on radio silence back in July but apparently, I haven't had anything to say. Or at least, things I wanted to say out loud.
I've been thinking about my concept of a blog and what would interest me to start writing again. In reviewing my old school myspace blog, I had lots to say about triathlon. In fact, 247 pages worth of things to say. Training and racing triathlon were my life.
Musings of a Golden Girl started out as a way to document, explore, and share a health crisis. It also was about acceptance and starting a new life because the way I was doing things no longer worked for my physical and mental health.
Since then, I've been been realizing what a big mouth I really have. I have lots of opinions and lots of things I want to say. Politics, human relationships/dynamics/psychology, and a feminist take on media are all things that I want to start sharing again, out loud.
I also want to talk about motherhood. Holy heck who ever thought that would be something I'd have anything to say about? I always left that up to the friends who had dared to venture into that big, scary unknown called parenthood. Well despite ambivalence and the desire to get at least a couple more years before facing the prospect of starting a family, nature intervened.
The saying goes, "It all began with two people in love..."
So my blog is back. I can't promise it will be fascinating, consistent, or aligned with your political/social views. But I can predict it will be honest, earnest, and an attempt to keep the conversation going.
Let the broadcasting begin...
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment