
This is my first post. Ta-da! I decided instead of silently cyber stalking fellow triathletes, living vicariously through their blogs, I would jump in and give this a whirl.
I'm coming off an aggressive recovery week, probably a lil' more recovery than my coach would like. But I've decided, in being the owner of my body, that I unfortunately need more time to recover. It wasn't until day 7 of light workouts and blissful 11 hours of sleep nightly, that I finally could walk up the 75 steps to my house without pausing and panting.
After 5 months of Ironman training, I was getting a little, ok a lot, paranoid that I couldn't keep up with most people. Granted I have heart rate zone limitations but it made perfect sense that I should start seeing speed after all this training. It's kind of a rookie mentality and after 3 Ironmans, I should know better. But the training makes you hungry, tired and most importantly, dumb. I forgot that when I joined groups, I was coming in on tired-ass legs. I was also panicking that my aerobic zone run pace was getting slower.
Nothing a little rest can't fix. Hot damn! I was on fire today. I had forgotten what fresh legs felt like. More importantly, I had to keep slowing myself to nail the different zones I was aiming for. My smarty pants coach knows what he's doing after all. Good work Mr. Guru, good work.
www.kropelnicki.com if you want free words of wisdom.
Also of note, my bike got all dolled up with red bling. Svetlana is ready for a new season with new carbon aerobars, new red cable housing, new red handlebar tape, new carbon stem, and best of all, new aerobar pads. Cee Gee's are da Cadillac of pads with their 1.5 inches of soft goodness. The recent bike fit didn't hurt either as my old fit was "seriously jacked up."
2 weeks until the first race of the season and things are fantabulous.

YAH for fresh legs!! It's so easy to forget that most of the time we are not on them :)
ReplyDeleteSoooo excited you've joined the blogging world!! I like this sooo much more, seems more personal to me....did I just say that typing on a computer seems more personal??!! Anyways! Excited to see you here! XO Kera
ReplyDelete