Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Keep calm and carry on!




I forgot how stressful it was to start a new job. I miss the comfort of knowing the routine, my patients knowing and trusting me. I hate this whole, "test the new therapist" hazing crap. It's like being on a job interview for 8 hours a day. I just gotta let the storm ride out. Keep calm and carry on. It will be better.

I don't trust my bike. Okay correction, I trust Svetlana. I just don't trust myself on my faithful stead. She beautiful, fast and sassy. My bed-ridden legs however are mushy and good for snuggling, not for riding any considerable terrain or length of time. But it's like riding a bike right?! Hop on and realize, once you can... you always can. Right?! Gulp...



I'm really nervous about jinxing myself and stating for the record "I'm healthy." For the past 2 weeks I've been feeling better but for the past 5 months, I've been bed-ridden. Not cool. I don't know when I'll officially be healthy or more so, when I'll be ready to start training. 

I try ("try" being the operative word) to not get neurotic that everyone I know is still training and fit during their off-season and meanwhile, I've been partaking in the Bon Bon plan: chillax, watch TV, eat as I please, laugh, attend parties, chillax. Come November, that is, if my body is game, I'll have another 6 month build-up to return to previous fitness. I was so wishing I'd start 2010 season already fit but that's not my reality.

So for now, I'll be happy for those doing Kona, not bemoaning the fact that I'm not. I'll be happy that I'm alive and have a good outlook, and don't have cancer! I'll embrace that I can't be anything than content with where I currently am, and really, I've got it pretty damn good.

Here's Kona 2007. It was a great trip and so here's to FUTURE trips being even better!


 

1 comment:

  1. hey hey hey! So glad you're posting.... Don't worry about the lack of fitness now. VERY SOON we will all be in the off season, getting fat and lazy and then getting psyched to get back at it...just like you.
    We will get to Kona someday! :)
    Good luck with the new job... Change hurts, but it's good-(at least usually it's good!)

    ReplyDelete