Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Don't let your Dreams be your Dreams

"Jack Johnson- Dreams Be Dreams"

And all this livings so much harder than it seems
But girl don't let your dreams be dreams
You know this livings not so hard as it seems
Don't let your dreams dreams
Your dreams your dreams be dreams





It was a cold, cold bitter day in January . One thing you'll never hear me say is SoCal sucks. Perfect day for a Bestie to visit. 





We drank coffee in the sun overlooking the ocean. We were musing all things past, present, and future. One of the beauties to follow-up our conversation about amazing sex was... "I've decided no sex is better than bad sex... It's not like pizza." I snorted coffee through my nose. 
(note: this does not apply to anyone in particular. promise. you're all good. your man-skills are intact.) 





She was able to get me out of bed as it was a rough day fatigue wise. I'm pretty sure this mini-relapse was the come down off of the buzz from losing my job. Although I feel I should be freaking out, I'm not. I'm actually relieved and excited. And ready for a vacation. Starting today...





I'm of the mindset that I need a spiritual retreat. I've sublet my place and am free for 6 weeks. I'll be looking into my very own "Eat, Pray, Love" journey. I'm well on my way as I've already tackled the "Eat" part.













I'm open to where the door opens and I'll be in the place to learn that which I'm ready for. Esalen Institute in Big Sur, Harbon in Napa Valley and Mark Allen's thing in Santa Cruz will be on my search list. All I know is that my body, mind, and soul are craving rest, relaxation, meditation, massage, clean air and nature. It's time to heal. Goddess said so.


Kwan Yin- The Compassionate Rebel



She was a Christmas gift. I relate a lot to this goddess: born of the lotus, a healer, of deep compassion, the need for yin, balance, simplicity, mindfulness. Her arrival was perfect timing.


Kwan Yin is known by many names. She is the Divine Mother energy also known as a Bodhisattva (a being of enlightenment) and the Goddess of Mercy and Compassion. Kwan Yin teaches us to live simply and mindfully, taking good care of our bodies and our thoughts as well as our souls. In Sanskrit, her name is Padma-pâni, or "Born of the Lotus." Quan Yin is regarded by the Chinese as the goddess of mercy, an Indian bodhisattva who chose to remain on earth to bring relief to the suffering rather than enjoy for herself the ecstasies of Nirvana. One of the several stories surrounding Quan Yin is that she was a Buddhist who through great love and sacrifice during life, had earned the right to enter Nirvana after death. However, like Avlokiteshvara, while standing before the gates of Paradise she heard a cry of anguish from the earth below. Turning back to earth, she renounced her reward of bliss eternal but in its place found immortality in the hearts of the suffering. In China she has many names and is also known as "great mercy, great pity; salvation from misery, salvation from woe." This goddess comforts the troubled, the sick, the lost and the unfortunate.


After the Bestie visit and walk on the beach, I accomplished many a thing:
  
*got smog checked so I can register my car in california. yes finally.
*picked up my Ambien for the nights I'm dying for a decent sleep
*listened to a killer mix entitled "Delirium"
*saw members of "The Hogan" family
*ate Pinkberry FroYo and got hit on by a couple o' cute boys
*purchased a crucial piece of my birthday party costume (CAN'T WAIT!!)
*got a one and a half hour massage. oh sweet lord.
*and bought the following essentials:



a) Dog Food for the Rox-a-nator
b) Hot Sauce. Because nothing tastes good without it.
c) Kinoko Gold AHCC mushroom extract. Like crack for my immune system.


In all, it was a great day. And the sunset put the cherry on my sundae. 



3 comments:

  1. sounds like a good day!
    Your friend is right about sex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was reading "Sunset" magazine (yes, I'm actually a 50 year old woman in disguise) and they showed the AMAZING spa at the Esalen institute in Big Sur! I immediately thought of you....namesake? Do you have a family discount? In any case, thinking of you and your awesome-ness! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, i am going to miss you so much! i'll stalk your blog all the time, i'll bribe you with hot sauce to visit me and i'll bring you nutella when i visit you...(sniff, sniff)

    ReplyDelete