i have to confess. it's not all bad per my last blog's suggestion. in fact, my life is pretty darn good. there are moments when i get grumpy, particularly when i'm more sick than usual. but for the most part... my life rocks. that said, it's always curious how life will settle into one pace and then without notice, switch it up. i like to be sarcastic and ridiculous. it helps to cope with sickness, age, and needing some snugs. but to be fair, for as many bad things there are many more good. i will demonstrate with the acronym game.
"Now that's what I'm talking about!"
N: New people. Plenty of them. Seems like overnight. I like possibility and choices.
O: Overcome. 1st time in 7 years I've been on a mtn bike. 1st time in 6 months I've made hills my bitch.
W: Work is working for me. I like the hours, the pay, the challenges, the freedom, and the possibilities.
T: Toenails. My mani/pedi rocks. It also rocks I can now afford them regularly. Grooming's good.
H: Hardware. Spilled coffee and fried my Mac. But! My hardware made it out alive. Nothing's lost. Yay!
A: Active. I biked twice and swam in the 57 degree ocean without getting sick. PROGRESS!
T: Thanksgiving. Time with the family and a best friend....Priceless. Food, wine, cards, laughs galore.
S: Scalpel. The name of the mountain bike I rode. She was red. Beautiful. And responsive. I love her.
W: Wardrobe. Can afford new clothes and jewlrey. Makes for a happy, fashionable girl!
H: Hopeful with healthcare. Got a new doc that's proactive. 2 doc friends that also help. Precious hope.
A: Artist expression. Fashion expresses my inner ar-tist. I love feeling inspired and creativite again.
T: Therapy makes you think. I love the abstract, logical & inducive reasoning my job requires of my brain.
I: Inclusion. I love having lots of friends that involve me in all sorts of things. I'm truly blessed.
M: Mom. For getting me out on the mtn bike, coaching me through the hills and jumps.
T: Travel. It's so nice to get out of our spaces and be somewhere new. Santa Cruz always refreshes me.
A: Abode. My home is my anti-depressent. I listen to the ocean. My views rock. It's cozy and all mine!
L: Lights. Christmas lights everywhere are rocking my world. We need them year round.
K: Kinda feeling better lately. It's really exciting and scary all at once. Don't want to lose the feeling.
I: Inspiration. I love having smart, brilliant people in my life that push my cognitive walls.
N: Napa Valley. It's my latest, must visit there, destination. Maybe for my 35 a trip to Napa...
G: Gala aka the "Year End Party" being put on this weekend by LA Tri Club. I love my active, fun club.
A: Assertiveness. I love that each day, I get better and better at speaking my truth regardless of the outcome.
B: Bed. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed and mine rocks! Memory foam, plush comforters.
O: Options. My job is not a dead end street. I can really build upon and expand to whatever I want.
U: Under water. Such bliss to be weighless and only hear the sound of your own breath into bubbles.
T: Thankfulness. Never underestimate the power of gratitude and positive thinking.



I need to stop being so New England cynical and sarcastic and write something like this.
ReplyDeleteI like it.
It also made me wish I lived in California! or at least Maine...
I have been to Santa Cruz once and I was awestruck by the beauty of the coast there.
You're amazing just the way you are! I LOVE reading your blog. You're wicked smart (ass)
ReplyDelete